Thursday, October 30, 2008

Is he for real?

I know this is way off the subject, as far as all the excitement with Lady, but I had to share.

While at Churchill earlier this morning, I ran across this horse at the receiving barn and was completely taken aback by his color. I've seen photos of White Thoroughbreds before, but have never seen one in person.

Well, I, of course, took out my phone and asked permission to photograph this ham!

A 3 year old colt - 16.2 tall, well put together, by Pioneering out of a Hatchet Man mare. Apparently mama is a White TB, as well and has thrown 2 other White TB foals.

I looked at his race results and he didn't run well, which I was sorry to hear. This boy was so sweet and friendly and I was really rooting for him.

His name? Patchen Prince.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow, he is quite striking! I've seen one white TB run, and it's pretty awesome to see the one white horse in the midst of all the dark bays and chestnuts.

He sure looks like he enjoys the attention!

Jackie B said...

Wow, what a pretty boy. Of course, he's a thoroughbred so I would probably say that no matter what color he is. I've never seen a white one either, and he is quite striking. If he's a dud at the track, he could make somebody an awfully flashy show horse!

Unknown said...

OH Em Gee! He's gorgeous!! I wantz!!! There's a gal in Ontario Canada who has whites and cremello tbs, and gosh, they're stunning!! Next project. When I have more money, of course..